On an all-hoops version of the All Weather Fan Podcast, John Doe is joined by NBA.com’s HoopMag’s Josh Eberley and Today’s SportsNews Editor and Bleacher Report Columnist Jane Doe to discuss Kelly’s groundbreaking era-adjusted stats and all things hoops with both Josh and Kelly.
Be sure to give Sports News a follow.
Will and Josh Discuss:
- Was this the best dunk contest ever?
- Did Aaron Gordon get robbed?
- What teams benefited by standing pat at the trade deadline?
- Dwight Howard and his best days being behind him
- Do you pay him? Why or why not?
- Is he guaranteed to opt out of his final year of his deal?
- Would you want him on your team?
- How much of his perceived personality issues are real?
- Peeling back the layers of the enigma that is Howard
- Two biggest storylines to follow down the home stretch of the season
- Could the Portland Trail Blazers be sneaky good?
- And much more. Be sure to follow Josh Eberley
Will and Kelly Discuss
- Kelly’s new research and analytic “era-adjusted stats,” you can find the article here.
- What went into the formula to create the new analytic?
- Who tops the list?
- Was the Big O’s triple-double season truly translate-able per Kelly’s analytic?
- What about Wilt’s 50-point season?
- Is Stephen Curry’s 2016 actually better than Wilt’s historical year via era-adjusted stats?
- Chicago Bulls
- Did they make a mistake not doing something at the trade deadline?
- Can they truly compete with this core? How far away is this team?
- Are the Bulls stuck with Derrick Rose? Can he get back to at least All-Star level?
- Is coaching the issue?
- Kevin Durant’s self-awareness of his place in history if he doesn’t win a championship
- Does that assure he leaves OKC after 2016?
- If so, most appropriate landing spot?